Safety products company Trip & Co has developed a new solution that will enable airlines using passenger cabins for air cargo transportation to increase safety, efficiency and ease.
The worldwide air travel ban as a result of the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic has significantly reduced the number of passenger flights and threatened to produce a shortage of air cargo capacity.
For instance, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, which typically averages 35 cargo flights per day, has seen this number double since the crisis began.
An increasing number of airlines, including Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines and LATAM, are now using their passenger aircraft for cargo flights and many are now having to load up passenger seats with cargo as they try to keep their aircraft as full as possible.
Some airlines have even removed seats to convert their passenger cabins into a large cargo holds.
Since 2019, Trip & Co has been developing a solution for cargo transportation in passenger aircraft cabins: the Cargo Seat Bag and Cargo Seat Net. Together, Bag and Net fixate, stabilize, secure and protect cargo and crew during flight.
CEO of Trip & Co, Tijmen Koster, said: “There is no need to remove passenger seats, allowing for less conversion time before an aircraft can operate in its new role.
“Also, there is hardly any conversion once restoring operation as a passenger aircraft. In addition, there is no need to source used and/or wrong-sized materials such as not-fitting cardboard boxes, stretched straps et cetera.”
Bag and net specifications include:
- Capacity of 80 kg per seat (up to 320 kg per seat row)
- Available in single-seat, triple-seat or four-seat
- Release with Certificate of Conformity
- Certified two-year lifespan
- Standard M2/B1 fire-retardant or CLASS D
- ETSO C172 straps incoroporated in the design
- Produced in EASA POA en DOA
- Easy installation
- Watertight and chemical-resistant
- Unaffected by extreme temperature or UV
- Abrasion-, puncture-, and tear-resistant
- Easy to store, maintain, clean and repair
- Weight 4 kg per seat
- Closure overlap/velcro
Visit trip-co.nl/aircargo for more information.