DHL Global Forwarding has renewed its CEIV Pharma Standard of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) at five of its air freight stations including Philadelphia, San Juan, Puerto Rico, Chicago and Los Angeles.
“A resilient and highly efficient transport network, tailored to the specific needs of the Life Sciences and Health Care industry, has never been more crucial than today. I am delighted to have received the re-certification for IATA CEIV Pharma for our state of the art air freight stations in five key markets,” said DHL Global Forwarding US’ CEO, David Goldberg. “Our purpose is connecting people, improving lives, and this only reinforces our commitment to do just that – safely and efficiently.”
The re-certifications come on the heels of a number of services and products the company put in place last year to add additional capabilities and technology to the Americas network for the life sciences and healthcare sector. They include:
- A $1.6 million investment in a brand-new Indianapolis facility
- A $650,000 investment in our San Juan, Puerto Rico, facility to add additional capabilities and technology to our Americas network for the life sciences and healthcare sector.
- A new MMEX which offers routing options from China to destination in the U.S. and Latin America with reduced transit time and cost savings.
- LCL Expedited, an upgraded service, which offers a faster “LCL Service” by using expedited trucking as well as faster sailings on certain trade lanes to provide faster transit times for customers.
- 1,900 charters last year and 43+ flights a week for customers trying to navigate the pandemic
- Additional, dedicated capacity from Europe to LATAM via the DHL Global Forwarding Miami hub.
DHL Global Forwarding’s global head of network & quality, temperature management solutions, Nina Heinz, added: “For years, the number of regulations and requirements has been steadily increased in the life sciences and healthcare industry in general, especially regarding product transportation and storage. Although we at DHL have been a leader in ideas and innovation in the industry for a long time, we recognise that there is always room to improve. With our renewed IATA CEIV Pharma Certification, we are both clearly demonstrating our continued emphasis on constantly enhancing our service quality and showcasing that we are a reliable partner for transporting vital and temperature-sensitive products.”