As the Covid-19 pandemic continues to evolve, Delta Cargo has decided to launch a charter operation in order to “provide the safe and reliable transportation of customers’ goods around the globe”.
The US airline issued a statement saying that it recognises that global supply chains need support for shipping essential goods to businesses and communities and that it is responding to corporate customers who have told the carrier they need help transporting cargo during these times of uncertainty and change.
“Serving our customers and communities where we live, work and serve, is part of Delta’s DNA,” said Delta Cargo VP Shawn Cole. “Offering new supply chain solutions through Delta Cargo to our customers is one opportunity for us to provide the support our customers tell us they need during this unprecedented business environment.”
From packages to pallets, Delta Cargo presents worldwide charter solutions that are available to companies with urgent shipping needs.
The following 13 US airports are participating in this programme, as well as more than 70 available international destination airports, including the following:
- John F Kennedy International Airport – JFK
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport – ORD
- San Francisco International Airport – SFO
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport – SEA
- Daniel Inouye International Airport – HNL
- Los Angeles International Airport – LAX
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport – ATL
- Washington-Dulles International Airport – IAD
- Newark Liberty International Airport – EWR
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport – DFW
- Detroit Metropolitan Airport – DTW
- Boston Logan International Airport – BOS
- Miami International Airport – MIA
In other Delta Cargo news, the airline is to commit $1 billion over the next 10 years on its journey to mitigate all emissions from its global business going forward. The US carrier will invest in driving innovation, advancing clean air travel technologies and accelerating the reduction of carbon emissions and waste, as well as establishing new projects to mitigate the balance of emissions.